Sunday, September 15, 2013

Learn to love....yourself

The rooftop bar at Saffron Bay not only left me in awe of the delicious sight that the Chowpatty Beach is when seen from a height, but also turned out to be one of the most memorable times with my best friend. It led to something called - instantaneous awareness. The dipping sun has always had a calming effect on my mind. The orange-hue spreading from the drowning sun, wispy clouds patterned with the fading sky, birds winding-down and surroundings getting dimmer and dimmer. Its so easy to get lost in the sunset, like a beautiful transition from a bustling day to the unpredictable nigh. So, retracting my mind from this visual feast, i spent the next two hours that were more than just a couple friends hanging out. We discussed what we love to the most - Life and its conundrums. The mood was set and so was I, to indulge in some of the tastiest discourse...
Why do you love that new PC game ? or a brand new dress ? your Fossil watch ? your Blue Baggit sling ?
The answer is simple - Comfort. These "favorite" things make you feel happy, content, alive and a little unique. I love my green Baggit wallet. Firstly its a special gift and secondly its feeds my superstition by being lucky for me. Anyway, these things are still replaceable.. But are you ? Is the director of your mind something you can buy off a shelf ? Can you exchange your chubby ankles for slender ones ? ..Forget that. Can you buy intelligence ? Or creative artistic skills ? Or a melodious voice ? ..Forget what you don't have. Would you like to exchange what you have for something better ? Like a new smart phone for an old one ? Now forget everything i said.

Do you like who you are ? I am Tanvi. I like the ring in my voice. I like my attitude, spirit and sincerity. And i started falling for myself even more after a small epiphany i had on the roof. I realized that there are so many things i love, i enjoy and that i simply do not want to give up/depart from. I, Tanvi, enjoy the fact that i am always up for a deep conversation filled with compassion. And, if i were to switch with someone (Freaky Friday style) i would hate to give that up. Yes i made some mistakes, hurt few people, forget that, i hurt myself over people, lost games/battles, made wrong decisions blah blah blah.. Above all, i have had the most fantastic and disdainful times just cause i am ME. I am not my neighbor, or his dog or any of you reading this. I am simply Tanvi. An eccentric, smart girl who doesn't mind sharing personal "eureka moments" over the internet ( lol ). Apparently, i read somewhere, the brain makes you think you look 5 times more prettier than you actually are. So, if i can think i look externally pretty, i could feel like Miss Universe inside !!

Its very unnatural to be somebody else, fill-in someone else's story, follow a chosen path. If you have any bit of adventure in you, visualize yourself in the thick amazon forest with a sickle as your weapon. Make your own way and make it real good and comfortable for you.

I am still trying to learn about myself, and this is just a beginning. But the very thought of being this kickass person i have in my mind lifts my spirits (i just did i mini-jig in my mind).

I found this excellent source of "self-affirmation" and "loving yourself".

“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.
Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know — but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me.
However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me.

I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.” 
Denis2005 Virginia Satir quotes (American Psychologist and Educator, 1916-1988)
Keep your mind happy and ebullient, but above all keep it how you like it !!

2 comments:

thank you